Monday, July 5, 2010

Myami Verses Flirty Girls

Most generally, Sunday is my rest day. Hey, God said it was Okay.

One Sunday evening back in March, I was kicked back watching a guilty pleasure reality show of mine. Hate it or love it, I really don't care, but I love the Kendra show. For those of you out of the loop, Kendra Wilkenson was one of Hugh Hefner's girlfriends, and, as the cameras rolled on the reality show, "The Girl's Next Door," I became inspired to lose weight.

By the time I caught onto the Playmate reality show, it was in the second season on E! One trip to my local Hastings, and season one of "The Girls Next Door" was mine.

Everyone needs motivation, and for whatever reason, Kendra became mine, in some odd way.

Since the time I bought the DVD of season one, I have lost 130lbs.

Granted, the Playmates aren't miracle workers. While Kendra was my inspiration, the will to lose the weight came from inside of me, and the devotion to change the way I eat every single food. Every single day.

For the most part, I cut out processed foods, and this includes foods made with enriched bleached flour, and unbleached flour. Take yourself to your local grocer, and see how hard it is to find foods that are not made with enriched or bleached flour. Start reading the ingredient labels on all food products. You will start to see just what you are putting into your body. It isn't good.

I started by removing processed foods from my diet, then removing a horrible habit of mine--soda. It actually wasn't too terribly hard to do, as a matter of fact.

You would think from there, I would be good to go, but oh no, I wasn't nearly close to changing my diet.

I also switched almost every meat I could to turkey. Surprisingly, turkey bacon, turkey ground meat, and turkey sausage is not that bad. I buy turkey without steroid injections or preservatives. I also stay away from white carbs. I do not buy white carbs such as breads, rices, pastas, or snack foods. I only buy 100% whole grain wheat flour carb products.

And for goodness sake, do not buy fruits or vegetables in cans. Have you ever noticed how much sodium are in these products? Way too much!

Don't get me wrong. I am human. Every once in a while, I still drink a good Dr. Pepper. Or swing in to a local joint and grab a hamburger. But not every single meal, and not every single day.

With all that being said, back in March, I was watching Kendra. At that point, I had only lost 120lbs. During a commercial break, a short infomercial for "Flirty Girl Fitness" work-out and dance videos came on. I was skeptical. I somewhat laughed when I first saw the short commercials.

Really? Shaking my butt like a hooker in a club can make me lose how many inches in ten days?

I thought back to my teenage days of being overweight, and spending countless nights working out, or should I say, "Sweatin' to the Oldies," with Richard Simmons. I don't care how many times that curly-haired, amped up old man made another fat woman cry, or how many times he said I could do it, I never lost weight sweatin' to the oldies.

So could these ladies without an ounce of fat on their bodies get me moving enough to lose the inches as they claim these work-out and dance videos do?

Hmmm.

During the course of Kendra's 30-minute reality show, I saw the commercial for "Flirty Girl Fitness" two more times. By the third time, I was intrigued. I wanted the videos. Besides, they made it look easy. And if I acted right then, I could get two DVD's for $9.99. Well buddy. This could be the best $10 I ever spent. Why not?

Why Amy A. claims she lost 30lbs and 44 inches in just ten days!

Well if Amy A. could do it, so could I!

I ordered the two DVD's, which by the way, if you decide to order these DVD's, get ready to spend 45 minutes on the phone with a recording. I kid you not. Your order will not be complete until Betty, the pre-recorded money stealer, promotes and begs you to sign-up for irresistible offers she feels you cannot get through the rest of your life without signing up for.

I received my DVD's a few short days later. Sadly, I got sick due to a crazy illness I have, then had to have surgery, and my body wasn't up to getting my booty beat on.

Until now.

I am ready to take the Flirty Girl Fitness Challenge. I have invited you to come along with me. Let's see if these videos do as they claim.

Now, keep in mind, I have the following DVD's:

Booty Beat: This workout consists of super sexy dance moves from music videos that is supposed to get my heart pumping and my hips gyrating. I will learn a sexy striptease, then cool my muscles down with a sexy stretch.

Chair Dance: Once I am done with this workout, the video promises I will never look at a simple kitchen chair the same way again. I will learn the art of a chair striptease, and tone my abdominal muscles.

One reason I decided to take on the Flirty Girl Fitness Challenge, is due to the fact I have suffered with a skin illness my entire life. I was recently told I have at least 35lbs of damaged skin that will NEVER go away. I can't tone it. I can't put special cream on it to make it go away. It has to be surgically removed. While I am glad my surgeon says I have lost enough weight to have the scarred and damaged skin removed from my body due to years and years of an illness I have battled, I just want to be sure I can't melt anymore of the skin away. The surgeon told me in May I was ready to now to have the skin removed, since I am down to almost an ideal weight. Once the skin is removed, I will be at an ideal weight.

You see though, I've always been a fighter. The easy way out of a situation has NEVER been an option for me.

I have tried intense workouts before. Crunch after crunch, arm strengthening routine after arm strengthening routine. No results. However, I didn't know the scarred and damaged skin was something that would never go away until recently.

So here I go.

Now, I will not follow the Flirty Girl "recommended diet" while doing the challenge. Those skinny work-out crazies want me to eat 6 eggs for breakfast, along with other things. Who can eat 6 eggs cooked as an omelet? Not I!!!

I already eat healthy, and incorporate 80 grams or more of protein into my diet daily. So, I am good to go.

The Booty Beat and Chair Dance videos promote more of an inches loss of the body, than weight in ten days.

So, I will focus on inches.

I will have Amie measure me tomorrow at work. I will post my measurements then.
For those inquiring minds, I weigh 184.

I have lost 130lbs.

So for all you skinny little girls who weigh 184 or LESS already, and gasp at that number, I smile. I haven't seen 184lbs since I was 14-years-old. So don't give me negative reactions, this is a positive number for me!

Keep in mind, I also have at least 35lbs of damaged skin that is NOT going anywhere. It has to be surgically cut off.

So ideally, I weigh 149.

I haven't seen 149lbs since, well, I don't remember when!!!

Tomorrow will be day one of ten days of the Myami Takes on the Flirty Girl Fitness Challenge.

I hope you will follow along with me. Writing this blog and sharing it with you is a huge motivator for me to stick with this intense striptease! haha!

Each day, I will write a blog once the work-out has been completed, and I will detail the blog with the food I ate each day. I will also list the drinks I consume, and any other physical activity. I will have Amie, or someone else take my measurements every day.

Keep in mind I work crazy hours in radio, so my posts may be later in the evening.

I hope you will enjoy this, and go along with me in this journey.

Let's see how many inches I can lose in ten days!!!!!

(If any. This company may be lying fools! We will find out!!)

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, blogger has hated me all day long today. Let me try to type this comment again.

    Good luck, girl! You already look AMAZING! Even if the flirty girls can't sluttify you into your next jeans size, maybe the exercize will be fun to do anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sluttify me! I love that Amy! You're a dear. I shall have to check out your blog now. I have another fitness gadget to try after this Flirty Girl Fitness trial is done! :)

    ReplyDelete