Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Challenge Day 1





Above are pictures just to give you somewhat of an idea the various foods found in my home. You won't find Little Debbies, big bags of chips, fatty ice creams or soda. As I said in the first blog, those are things I do not eat everyday.

I had the wonderful Amie take my measurements. Not too sure we knew what we were doing, but hey, we will go with it. Before I give you the measurements I currently am at, let me tell you my measurements before losing 130lbs:

Hips: 60"
Chest: 58"
Waist: 54"
Arms: 18"
Upper Legs (Thigh): 28"

Yes, I took measurements of everything, and not in any order.

Measurements today:

Hips: 48"
Chest: 46"
Waist: 41"
Arms: 14"
Legs: 21"

I have large boobies. FYI. So, those are the measurements I am currently in starting the Flirty Girl Fitness DVD's promising to melt away inches and kick off a great weight loss.

Day 1: Weight 184lbs


Day 1 Breakfast:

3 eggs cooked in 1 tsp. of extra virgin olive oil
4 oz. Orange Juice

Day 1 Lunch:

6" Black Forest Ham Sub from Subway. Wheat bread. No cheese. Lite Mayo. Falls under Jared's Low-Fat Subs
21 oz. Unsweet Tea

Day 1 Snacks & Drinks:

1 Low Fat Whole Grain Oatmeal Raisin Granola Bar
18.5 oz. Tropical Punch Fuze 5 calorie drink
60 oz. of water


Day 1 Dinner:

1 cup of low fat Ragu spaghetti sauce
1.5 cups of whole grain wheat spaghetti
1 cup cooked fat free ground turkey
1 slice of whole grain wheat bread covered in garlic, lightly buttered with 1/2tsp low-fat butter. I do NOT use margarine.

Once off work, I went home. Started the water on the stove for the spaghetti. Figured I could let it get to a boil while I did the Booty Beat dance work-out. It is 37 minutes in length.

The first few minutes of the video, you will feel a light sweat, that is, if you aren't a fitness buff who works out every single day of your life. The chicks in the video try to teach me dance moves, one at a time, mostly focusing on hip gyration. Is that a word? Never thought I would use it that way. Once all the upbeat, hip gyrating dance moves are learned, they are all put together as one dance routine, repeated eight times.

Once the entire routine is completed eight times, a relaxation mode kicks in. Grab a mat. You'll need it.

I then inserted the Chair Dance video. These chair Nazi's didn't tell me I would need a short kitchen chair. Mine is has a tall back, and wide seats. Woops. It just dawned me, though, as I type this, I do have smaller patio chairs on my deck I can use instead. Oh well. I made it through the Chair Dance video without kicking my leg over the chair, because come on now, I am NOT that tall, I can barely get my leg up to the top of the chair, much less kick around it. Pah-lease. The Chair Dance video taught me, or should I say, tried to teach me dirty facial expressions, along with spreading and closing legs at appropriate times. The funny part? Having to pretend a gentleman caller is who I was performing for...let's just say Shelby, my dog, got a good show.

For free!

Once the work-out was complete, I finished up cooking my spaghetti and ate my dinner.

Day one challenge is complete. I can feel my upper legs starting to ache a slight bit. Wonder what the hips will feel like in the morning? Oh dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment