Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Challenge Day 2

Here I am into day two of this fitness challenge, and I have lost 3, count them 3lbs. I always, always, always weigh first thing in the morning, after I make a stop in the ladies room. I always weigh without clothes on, so I won't ask myself, "How many pounds should I take off for this baggy shirt?" Come on, you know I can't be the only one who tries to take off 2-3lbs for a shirt or jeans. Tee-hee.

So, today's weight: 181

So far, so good, I suppose. My lower back on the right side is a little sore. Other than that, my body is fine after the dirty dancing work-out. Yesterday, I ate 3 eggs for breakfast instead of the recommended 6, and 3 filled me up for hours. I had to force myself to eat lunch. Eating every two hours, be it something even small, is better when trying to lose weight, rather than skipping meals. Today, I only ate 2 eggs for breakfast.

I had an appointment after work this evening, so I got home a little later than normal. I was supposed to meet up with my friend, but I figured I had time to get in a walk/run before he got to my house. I try to walk/run a little each night before or after doing the Flirty Girl DVD's. It's a part of my normal routine, before incorporating the Flirty Girl challenge into my wellness initiatives.

Ten minutes into my walk/run, I see my friend turning off the highway. Haha. I just slow down to see if he will spot me on the side of the road. He gets right to me, passes me, then turns around. Guess he saw me a litttttle late, haha. My walk/run was cut short, but that's quite alright. I like to hang with him. I rode back to my house with him.

After he left, I turned the oven on to prepare my dinner. Whole grain wheat Canadian bacon pizza, with 2% cheese.

While the oven warmed up and the pizza cooked, I finished the work out. I can really feel it in my hips. Really. The gyrating is causing soreness. Funny.

I didn't have a chance to have Amie or anyone else take my measurements today. I figured one day into the routine wouldn't show that much of a difference in inch loss. I may tomorrow. I already lost 3lbs in one day, so who knows. Maybe inches are melting away somewhere.

I should probably clear up something, too. Several people have asked if I am getting paid to do this challenge. No. This is something I decided to do on my own. I wanted to put these videos to the test that take our money and claim big rewards. No one asked me to, told me they would give me something for free if I did it, nor am I getting paid. I am doing it for me. :) I think that is the best, and only reason to do it, no?


Breakfast Day 2:

2 eggs cooked with extra virgin olive oil
4 oz. Orange Juice

Lunch Day 2:

6" Black Forest Ham Sub. Jared's low fat. No cheese. Veggies. Lite Dressing.
21 oz. Unsweetened Tea

Snack and Drinks for the day:

Special K Chocolate Protein Shake (10 grams of protein)
1 snack stick of 2% cheese
60 oz. of water

Dinner Day 2:

2 slices whole grain wheat flour pizza. Canadian bacon as topping. 2% shredded cheese. I only use fat free milk, by the way, and 2% cheese products with anything I make. Pizza was covered in garlic.

1 comment: